[CMake] vista nsis issue

Mark Turney markturney at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 11:02:40 EDT 2008

Hello,

I'm working on a C++/Boost/QT4 application for unix, osx, and windows.  I am
currently using cpack / nsis to create the installer for windows.

During installation on Vista, I am given a dialog titled "This program might
not have installed correctly" that supplies two user options "Reinstall
using recommended settings" or "This program installed correctly".

After doing some research, it looks like this is a Vista UAC issue being
addressed by the nsis folks.  Here is a page covering the latest approach to
a fix that I can find:
http://nsis.sourceforge.net/UAC_plug-in

Does anyone know of a cpack oriented fix, or is there currently a way within
cpack to set the RequestExecutionLevel within the generated NSIS script?

Thanks a ton,
Mark