[CMake] CPack DEB generator: Installed-Size field

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 07:56:26 EDT 2008

Rudoy,

  This must be a new requirement by newer apt-* stuff.
  Have a look at cmCPackDebGenerator.cxx. The code is pretty
straighforward. You simply have to add the function that compute the
size and then simply insert it at the right position.
  If you get it working, please send the patch back to the list.

Thanks
-Mathieu

On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 2:15 PM, 0xd34df00d <0xd34df00d at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> First of all, thanks for the great software you write, CMake and CPack
> really make development easier and more productive.
>
> I've noticed that .deb packages created by CPack don't contain
> Installed-Size field, so dpkg (and, consequently, aptitude and other
> package managers) think that installed size of the package is 0 bytes.
> Is there a way to make CPack write that field to the control file?
> That would be very useful, especially because CPack could
> automatically calculate the size of install targets and keep the field
> up-to-date.
>
> --
> Kind regards,
> Rudoy Georg.