[CMake] Invoking an script from the link command.

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Mon Aug 11 20:33:36 EDT 2008

Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com>
writes:

>> Solved:
>>
>> target_link_libraries(myexe "`/path/to/script arg1 arg2`")
>>
> This is in general a non-portable way to write cmake files, and is not
> guaranteed to work in any version of CMake.  This is the same as a
> pkg-config script.  The way to do this is to use execute_process and
> collect the output at cmake time, and then use target_link_libraries.

I just realized another reason why your proposal is not adequate: the
libraries and the script must be built before the executable, so, at
cmake time, the libraries and the script does not exists.

I know this is not portable, but it is intended for POSIX platforms, GNU
toolchains. As far as cmake does not mess too much with the contents
passed to target_link_libraries, it should be fine.

--
Oscar