[CMake] some basic questions

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Aug 9 14:30:10 EDT 2008

On 09.08.08 15:55:48, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Hi Frans,
>
> On Friday 08 August 2008 16:11:19 Bill Hoffman wrote:
> > Frans.Fuerst at elektrobit.com wrote:
> > >   the Make target but not with KDevelop3 or nmake
> >
> > KDevelop3 turns on verbose so it can parse the output.
>
> I think this shouldn't be the case anymore with 2.6.1 (kdevelop now calls make
> VERBOSE=1 now instead of relying on the makefiles being verbose.

Indeed, but the way it does is broken :P It shouldn't modify the
make-binary to include the VERBOSE flag. AFAIK cmake also reads the
environment variable so the generator should put the VERBOSE=1 into the
environment table. In fact if that works, we have a bug in our code, the
binary should be properly quoted in which case setting the binary to
include an argument breaks. Want me to file a bugreport?

> > > * does anyone know a nice IDE for windows (e.g. visual studio) which can
> > > handle CMake output
> > >   and cross compiling (cross compiling doesn't work for Visual Studio,
> > > does it?)
> >
> > You could try Eclipse.
>
> Yes.
> You may also try CodeBlocks, it's MUCH more lightweight, but not as mature and
> powerful.

Or KDevelop4 if you're up for something a bit experimental :)

Andreas

--
You have an unusual understanding of the problems of human relationships.