[CMake] OS X Framework creation and DEBUG_POSTFIX

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Wed Aug 6 20:52:38 EDT 2008

Mike Jackson wrote:
> I have the following:
>
>   SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES(${MXADATAMODEL_LIB_NAME} PROPERTIES
>       #DEBUG_OUTPUT_NAME ${MXA_LIBRARY_RELEASE}
>       #RELEASE_OUTPUT_NAME ${MXA_LIBRARY_RELEASE}
>       FRAMEWORK TRUE
>       FRAMEWORK_VERSION ${MXADATAMODEL_VER}
>       RESOURCE ""
>       DEBUG_POSTFIX _debug
>   )
>
> and when I compile in Debug mode I don't seem to get what I _think_ I
> should get.
>
> I get MXADatModel.framework/MXADataModel
>
> I would have thought I would get MXADatModel.framework/MXADataModel_debug
>
> Thoughts?

It was told to me by "Mac experts", that the debug post fix should be
ignored for frameworks.   I am pretty sure the above won't work as the
name of folder should match the name of the library.  I am not sure what
the above would do for you anyway.  Perhaps Eric Wing could comment
more.  I think he was the one that had the request to make the debug
postfix ignored in framework creation.    Eric?

-Bill

--
Bill Hoffman
Kitware, Inc.