[CMake] cmake 2.6.1 with generator for eclipse problem

Yuri V. Timenkov ytimenkov at parallels.com
Wed Aug 6 13:44:59 EDT 2008

On Wednesday 06 August 2008 21:04:30 Olaf Peter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the following command line works as expected (out of source build):
>
> $ ../cmake-2.6.1-Linux-i386/bin/cmake ../project
> -- The C compiler identification is GNU
> -- Configuring done
> -- Generating done
> -- Build files have been written to: /home/olaf/build
>
> but:
>
> $ ../cmake-2.6.1-Linux-i386/bin/cmake -G "Eclipse CDT4 - Unix Makefiles"
> ../project/
> -- The C compiler identification is GNU
> -- Configuring done
> Aborted
Such messages appear in linux when process ends with SIGABRT signal.
Later investigation depends on stack trace. You can get core dumps by tuning
limits with "ulimit -c unlimited" command or running it in gdb to get stack
trace.
CMake has a couple of assert() statements in sources which can lead to such
behavior.