[CMake] FW: cmake newbie questions

Phil Smith phil at voltage.com
Wed Aug 6 09:58:16 EDT 2008

No errors, no CMakeError.log -- just null values for the SIZEOF_LONG_LONG et al.

It sets CMAKE_C_COMPILER_ARG1 in CMakeDetermineCCompiler.cmake -- but inside:
        IF(NOT CMAKE_C_COMPILER)

...so it doesn't do it if you explicitly specify a C compiler, a la:
        SET(CMAKE_C_COMPILER   "c:/progra~1/dignus/cc.bat -fasciiout")

At least, that's how I read it.  After some fumbling, I put a MESSAGE before and inside that IF block, and only the one before gets triggered.

Related note:
It sure would be nice if --debug-trycompile copied the compiler output to CMakeError.log.  I've been forced to put a
  FILE(APPEND ${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}${CMAKE_FILES_DIRECTORY}/CMakeError.log
      "Compiler output:\n${OUTPUT}\n")
in CheckTypeSize.cmake so I can figure out what's failing (not with this, since it's just not passing the flag, but with other failures before).

...phsiii