[CMake] FW: cmake newbie questions

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Tue Aug 5 15:49:07 EDT 2008

On Tuesday 05 August 2008, Phil Smith wrote:
> I'm not sure, but when I look at the -fascii-ized version of
> CheckTypeSizeC.o using my text editor on Windows, I find:
> INFO:sizeof[00008]
> as I'd expect.
>
> Well, actually I know one answer: the square brackets are a problematic
> character, and depend on the codepage. I haven't really looked at the code
> otherwise; since -fascii exists, it would seem to me to be the simpler fix.
>  To get it to work, I added:
>
>    IF(ZOS)
>       SET(MACRO_CHECK_TYPE_SIZE_FLAGS
>         "${MACRO_CHECK_TYPE_SIZE_FLAGS} -fasciiout")
>    ENDIF(ZOS)

Try that in your toolchain file:
SET(CMAKE_C_COMPILER    c:/progra~1/dignus/cc.bat -fasciiout)
SET(CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER  c:/progra~1/dignus/cxx.bat -fasciiout)

Modules/CMakeDetermineC[XX]Compiler.cmake checks whether there is an
additional argument given and this should be used then, at least for the
first test where it tries to build a basic executable.

Alex