[CMake] FindGTK fails?

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Mon Aug 4 18:09:13 EDT 2008

On Monday 04 August 2008, Georgios Petasis wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I tried to use cmake 2.7 to compile a gnome application under Fedora 9,
> and I got a failure.
> It seems that "FindGTK.cmake" from the modules directory is severe
> outdated, looking for gtk 1.2, in a format used a few years ago. Can
> somebody please update this script to be more "recent"?
>
> I have done an initial attempt, and extended the original module to
> cover fedora but also windows. I have not removed anything (so my
> version will still do what the original did) but I have added some more
> include paths/libraries.
> Also, GTK nowadays works also under windows.
> I have attached my modified version. Can somebody please revise it and
> add it to the next cmake release?

I don't know much about gtk.
FindGtk.cmake is indeed quite outdated and for gtk 1.x.

If you need gtk 2.x, the file should be named FindGtk2.cmake and the variables
etc. should then also have "GTK2_" as prefix.

Does it make sense to search for atk, pango, etc. all in FindGtk2.cmake or
would separate modules be more appropriate ?
You can probably do something about the many directories which are repeated
quite a few times, maybe just create a variable and use that one instead
then. You probably also want to check for more versions as it seems.

Alex