[CMake] Symbian GCC/nmake build #3

Frans.Fuerst at elektrobit.com Frans.Fuerst at elektrobit.com
Mon Aug 4 11:02:03 EDT 2008

Hello again,

I'm still trying to make CMake compile my Symbian project using a gcc (GCCE) toolchain and I have some progress to report since my last posting (see http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2008-July/022868.html <BLOCKED::http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2008-July/022868.html> ) as the compiler check seems to work now (but not the linker yet).

My current CMake file set can be found here:
https://garage.ran-dom.org/public/mixer-frans/brandneu/cmake-toolchain_files/

Because it would be a great help for me already if I could use CMake/nmake use to compile (and not yet link) I switched off the compiler test for now and the CMake configure process seems to terminate successfully.

But when I run make now I get the following error message:

> c:\project>make
> makefile:28: *** missing separator.  Stop.

And when I look for the corresponding lines in Makefile I find:

26: !IF "$(OS)" == "Windows_NT"
27: NULL=
28: !ELSE
29: NULL=nul
30: !ENDIF

And after replacing this block manually by setting "NULL" to "nul" (it occurs another time in CMakeFiles/Makefile2) I get the following error message:

> c:\project>make
> make.exe[1]: *** No rule to make target `/nologo'.  Stop.
> c:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\epoc32\tools\make.exe: *** [all] Error 2

Is this behaviour known? What have I done wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Frans

Please note: This e-mail may contain confidential information
intended solely for the addressee. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please do not disclose it to anyone, notify
the sender promptly, and delete the message from your system.
Thank you.