[CMake] Error running link command: Argument list too long

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Aug 4 10:16:10 EDT 2008

Andrew Sayman wrote:
> There were other potential ways to resolve the dependencies other than
> such a massive static library, but I don't know of a good CMake-style
> way to integrate the --start-group and --end-group flags without
> resorting to a bunch of really terse coding in my CMakeLists.txt.
> Since part of my goal here is to show how much simpler it is to get
> things going with CMake, I'd just rather not. If you know of a
> property/variable that'll automatically toss in --start-group and
> --end-groups I would love to know.

So your previous build system just packed the objects into a bunch of
different archives and then used --start-group/--end-group to make them
look like one big archive?  It doesn't have any notion of one archive
depending non-circularly on others?

> It definitely fixed the problem. Thanks a bunch.

Okay, I'll look at using these everywhere possible by default.