[CMake] cmake on different systems

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Mon Aug 4 09:59:14 EDT 2008

On Aug 1, 2008, at 11:27 AM, Jan Dinger wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> I'll use cmake for my qt-apps, but I've a little trouble. If I run
> cmake under Debian-sid all works fine, next tray I run cmake under
> Debian-lenny, and now I'vr trouble. Cmake failed with an error:
>
> ###snip###
> Please set the following variables:
> QT_X11_Xext_LIBRARY (ADVANCED)
> ###snap##
>
> I've read this is a bug in cmake-2.4 (FindQt4.cmake)
>
> Ok, so what can I do? Cmake-2.6 is not in Lenny. Install cmake
> manually is no solutions for costumers. I'll support all systems.
> If the error in FindQt4.cmake, so can I get a running FindQt4.cmake
> file, and copy this File to my source directory and use it?

You can also tell your customers to install the libXext development
package.  Some distros automatically do that when installing the qt4
development package, some don't.

Or you can copy the FindQt4.cmake from CMake 2.6, with maybe a few
tweaks to make it work with CMake 2.4.  But that's an extra thing to
maintain.

Clint