[CMake] CPack/NSIS installation of specific components

Doug Gregor doug.gregor at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 16:24:47 EDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 4:21 PM, Alexander Neundorf
<a.neundorf-work at gmx.net> wrote:
> On Thursday 17 April 2008, Doug Gregor wrote:
>  > Hello all,
>
> > Comments? Ideas? Rotten tomatoes?
>  >
>  >   - Doug
>
>  Could this in some way be related with this one ?
>  http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2008-April/021142.html
>  I think the component support could use some enhancements in cpack :-)

I think the big difference here is that the other poster was creating
a single installer with components determined by CMake when CMake is
generating the build files. With my approach, the user determines at
binary installation time which components to install.

If you use my scheme and mark every component as "required", the two
approaches would produce roughly the same installer.

  - Doug