[CMake] Question about nmake generator

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Wed Apr 16 13:35:21 EDT 2008

On Wednesday 16 April 2008, Vladimir Sysoev wrote:
> NMake makefile generator is used.
>

> On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 6:43 PM, Vladimir Sysoev
> <vladimir.sysoev at gmail.com>
>
> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > 2.6.0-RC8 generates Makefile which calls cmake.exe in several places. How
> > can I switch it off to be able to run building on the computer without
> > cmake isntalled.

There is some switch to do this (set CMAKE_SKIP_RULE_DEPENDENCY to TRUE I
think), but it is on your own risk.

You should require that cmake is installed on the machine where the project is
built, everything else will just cause trouble.

The generated makefiles may contain paths specific to the machine where they
were generated, cmake may be called as tool during the build (e.g. to copy
files instead of using "copy" or "cp" etc.)

Alex