[CMake] NSIS no fix install path -> automatic searching for already installed programs (e.g. Matlab, Qt, ...)

Eric NOULARD eric.noulard at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 06:15:36 EDT 2008

Le Thu, 10 Apr 2008 12:02:44 +0200,
"Stefan" <stefanspage at yahoo.de> a écrit :

> Okay I saw your answer, but I did not associate it with my problem.
> Because it is only a workaround not a good and safe solution in
> general.
>
> If I overwrite the CMAKE_MODULE_PATH, does cmake find the other
> standard Modules if I need them? The other problem is, that I have to
> choose the same filenames for the templates.

CMake will search module path beginning with CMAKE_MODULE_PATH content
then standard location such that setting CMAKE_MODULE_PATH
will only change cmake-files you provide.
Other will comes from standard CMake install.

> But it's nice to know a workaround to use it now. :-)
>
> In general, perhaps a solution like this would be possible:
> A variable like CPACK_NSIS_TEMPLATE could be set or not (default are
> the current template files). It’s the same concept like
> CPACK_RESOURCE_FILE_LICENCE or CPACK_PACKAGE_ICON and so on.

Yes it is true.
This means you want a (good to me) change to the CMake provided
NSIS template.
You should file a Request Feature for this (may be with a proposed
template).

> Isn't this is better like overwrite the CMAKE_MODULE_PATH were other
> parts in the project could be depend on?

Like I said this will overwrite "only" your specific files found
in your CMAKE_MODULE_PATH not other.