[CMake] CMake 2.6.0 RC 6 ready for testing

Hendrik Sattler post at hendrik-sattler.de
Fri Apr 4 09:26:07 EDT 2008

Zitat von Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com>:

> I am happy to announce that CMake 2.6.0 RC6 is ready for testing.
> You can find the source and binaries here: http://www.cmake.org/files/v2.6/.

I tried it with a cross-compilation setup. Works really great except
that an _executable_ that links against two _static_ libraries (found
with find_library) gets a -rdynamic on the command line. That doesn't
make sense for an executable and the resulting binary is bigger than
is should be.
In Modules/Platform/Linux.cmake (yes, the cross-compilation target is
also a Linux) "-rdynamic" is only listed for
CMAKE_SHARED_LIBRARY_LINK_C_FLAGS. This is definitely not wanted,
especially not in a Release build.

Shouldn't this flag only be set for a MODULE on a add_library?

If this is the right behaviour: how do I get rid of this flag
(preferrably in the Toolchain file) for add_executable targets?

Thanks...

HS