[CMake] Cdash, triggersite

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Thu Apr 3 15:52:09 EDT 2008

Gerhard den Hollander wrote:
> Im trying to setup a Cdash dashoard, most of it seems to go fine,
> but the submissions do not show up on the dashboard
>
> One thing that struck me as odd is the Trigger Site: line
> http://172.17.0.112/cgi-bin/Submit-Random-TestingResults.cgi
>
> there is no such cgi file, and there is nothing in the CDash zip file (or svn) that seems to work as a trigger.
>
> so what should I do ?
>

> Submit files (using http)
>    Using HTTP submit method
>    Drop site: http://172.17.0.112/cdash/submit.php?project=test
>    Uploaded: /home/gerhard/CDashTest/Testing/20080402-2359/Build.xml
>    Uploaded: /home/gerhard/CDashTest/Testing/20080402-2359/Configure.xml
>    Uploaded: /home/gerhard/CDashTest/Testing/20080402-2359/Test.xml
>    Uploaded: /home/gerhard/CDashTest/Testing/20080402-2359/Update.xml
>    Using HTTP trigger method
>    Trigger site: http://172.17.0.112/cgi-bin/Submit-Random-TestingResults.cgi
>    Dart server triggered...
>    Submission successful

So, it should still work.   The cgi file does not even have to exist.
The old Dart1 needed a trigger.  If
http://172.17.0.112/cdash/submit.php?project=test is correct then it
should work.  If you are using CMake 2.6 or greater, you can put
set(CTEST_DROP_SITE_CDASH TRUE) in your CTestConfig.cmake and the
trigger will not happen.   You can also run ctest -D Nightly --debug to
get more output from ctest that might show what went wrong with the
submit part.

-Bill