[CMake] What to use for coverage tests on OS X [Off Topic]

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Wed Apr 2 16:10:28 EDT 2008

Mike Jackson wrote:
> I noticed on the CMake CDash web page that "midworld.kitware" has a
> coverage test submitted for OS X. What program is being used for
> coverage? I would like to start using something on my current project to
> make sure I am testing most or all of my code base.

It is using gcc coverage.  If you look at the build notes for that
machine you can see how it is done:

CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS:STRING=-g -O0 -Wall -W -Wshadow -Wunused-variable
-Wunused-parameter -Wunused-function -Wunused -Wno-system-headers
-Wno-deprecated -Woverloaded-virtual -fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage
CMAKE_C_FLAGS:STRING=-g -O0 -Wall -W -fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage

Basically, ctest always looks for coverage, so to enable it, you just
have to build with the right flags, and it should work.

-Bill