[CMake] installing in /etc

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 10:25:57 EDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 3:58 PM, Eric Noulard <eric.noulard at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/4/1, Mathieu Malaterre <mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com>:
>
> > Hi there,
>  >
>  >   I do not understand what I need to do to install at absolute file
>  >  path. Here is what I have right now:
>
>  Mathieu did you read this thread:
>  http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2008-March/020685.html
>
>  in particular did you try to
>  SET(CPACK_SET_DESTDIR ON)

No the previous google search never returned this result. Where is the
documentation of DESTDIR, where/when should it be set ?

>  >     ADD_EXECUTABLE(gdcmreadahead gdcmreadahead.c)
>  >     INSTALL(TARGETS gdcmreadahead
>  >       DESTINATION /usr/sbin
>  >     )
>  >     # package its twin init.d script also:
>  >     INSTALL(PROGRAMS gdcmreadahead
>  >       DESTINATION /etc/init.d/
>  >     )
>  >
>  >  make install works perfectly, but if I try to make package it, i am getting:
>
>  make install as root?

Yeah, this is one thing that I do not understand. I am creating
daemon, and would like them be to be root:root instead of using
mysuer:mygroup.

>  make install using DESTDIR?

nope, didn't know about DESTDIR...

>  [...]
>

>  >  [100%] Built target gdcmreadahead
>  >  Run CPack packaging tool...
>  >  CPack: Create package using DEB
>
>  Do you have the same issue with other CPack Generator?
>
>  TGZ, RPM, ??

Only focusing on deb for now.

thanks
--