[CMake] faq update?

KSpam keesling_spam at cox.net
Thu Sep 13 17:01:48 EDT 2007

Brandon,

Calm down.  I found Juan's documentation quite useful.

What is the point of having a Wiki if not to document such things?  Anyone can
figure out basic CMake usage from CMake docs.  This is beyond the scope of
CMake docs; therefore, it belongs on the Wiki.

For the record, my projects build on many different platforms.  This is not a
gcc-only hack, as several other compilers provide similar functionality.  The
bottom line now is that I can compile my *nix builds twice as fast as my VS8
Windows builds.  This is quite helpful for *nix users, and it doesn't cost
Windows users anything.

I am thoroughly amazed at the combative nature I have witnessed on this
mailing list.  Quite unprofessional IMHO.

Justin