[CMake] rpath limitations of CMake for the Cygwin platform

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Mon Oct 29 18:38:46 EDT 2007

I don't have access to Cygwin myself, but I have recently been getting
PLplot feedback from one of our developers and also two of our more
experienced users for that platform.  From their detailed "make" and "make
install" results it appears rpath is being completely
ignored both in the build tree (where CMake automatically takes care of the
complicated rpath concerns for my Linux platform), and the build tree (where
for PLplot we use the INSTALL_RPATH PROPERTY of SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES to set
rpath).

Being able to set rpath for both the build tree and install tree is
incredibly convenient for the Linux CMake version.  Is there some technical
reason why this killer feature is missing from the Cygwin CMake version or
is this just currently an unimplemented feature for the Cygwin CMake
version?

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).