[CMake] ctest variables on the commandline

James Bigler bigler at cs.utah.edu
Wed Oct 17 15:50:52 EDT 2007

Is it possible to pass in values to ctest from the command line like cmake:

ctest -DTEST_TYPE:STRING=Experimental test.cmake

The help file for ctest doesn't seem to indicate this is possible.

I want to use the same script that I use for nightly build tests as an
experimental one without having to edit the file.

I also want to be able to add different parameters that would make slight
modifications to the script without having to copy it and maintain many
different scripts.

Thanks,
James