[CMake] Generating files during building

Gustavo glab at iol.pt
Wed May 30 17:37:33 EDT 2007

Greetings.

I am using an unsusual way of building my program.

Due to a limitation of the compiler used, I need to split one of the
(generated) source files into N pieces of a maximum size. These all have the
same filename, ending in a number up to N.

Since the sourcefile is generated, the number of files created is
unpredictable and unknown until it is processed.

All these N files should be compiled into a .o file each, and linked to the
main binary in the end.

I am having trouble using a build system that can deal with this setup. Does
anyone have any ideas I can pursuit, as I am new to CMake and may have
overlooked something?

Thank you.

-- Gustavo