[CMake] Possible bug in cmake version 2.4-patch 6 with macro argument testing

Trevor Kellaway tkellaway at asl-electronics.co.uk
Mon May 28 18:17:51 EDT 2007

Alan,

> > Do you concur the following is a real problem?
>
> No, but then I am not really a CMake expert.  Instead, I am a
> goal-oriented CMake user (i.e., I just want PLplot or
> whatever to build with no problems) so I just try stuff until
> something works.

Same here, my primary aim is to get the build system running so I can
get on with the real project work.

> That result (obtained by using an extra ${} for macro
> parameters ) seems fine to me, but perhaps I have worked
> around a bug so long in CMake that I am just not sensitive to
> something that may be legitimately bothering you.

It is more the case that the "IF (var)" form works except in this macro
case, and had me stumped for several minutes before I realised what was
going on.

This doesn't really bother me, I just think CMake should be consistent
in the macro case, to stop others falling into the same trap.

 - TrevK