[CMake] [Dev] CMake 2.5-20070519 and tool chain support

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Mon May 28 11:09:11 EDT 2007

On 2007-05-28 08:51-0400 Alexander Neundorf wrote:

> On Saturday 26 May 2007 18:47, Trevor Kellaway wrote:
>> Firstly, when using "-DCMAKE_MODULE_PATH=c:\mypath" this works on the
>> initial CMake command line invocation, but not on subsequent make
>> auto-CMake runs, however if you use
>> "-DCMAKE_MODULE_PATH:string=c:\mypath" it seems works OK. This is
>> because it is only placed in the cache if it has a type specified.
>

> I thought this was changed some time ago...
> YOu are right, we'll have a look why it works this way.

See bug 4896 (http://www.cmake.org/Bug/bug.php?op=show&bugid=4896) for a
simple example of the issue of different behaviour for -D options depending
on whether the type is specified or not. Personally, I think the solution is
to assign a default type if none is specified with the -D command.  ON or OFF
gets BOOL everything else is STRING.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).