[CMake] Hiding custom command output in visual studio.

Abe Stephens abe at sci.utah.edu
Thu May 24 20:55:56 EDT 2007

Hi, I have a custom build macro which runs an external compiler to
produce a dependency file which is converted into a cmake dependency
list. When my macro is used in visual studio, the auto-generated
dependency file is listed in the solution tree along side the
external source file that was used to generate it.  I'd like it to be
hidden:

> Solution 'Foo'
> + Library Name
>   + CMake Rules
>   + Header Files
>     - header.h
>   + Source Files
>     - file.cc
>   - file.cu
>   - file.cu_depend <-- Want to hide this, it isn't user editable.

My custom command looks like this:

> ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND(
>       OUTPUT ${NVCC_generated_dependency_file}
>       COMMAND ${CUDA_NVCC}
>       ARGS ${source_file}
>       DEPENDS ${source_file})

${NVCC_generated_dependency_file} appears in the solution viewer and
I'd like it not too.

Is it possible to hide these dependency files?

Thanks,
Abe