[CMake] CPack Questions and Issues

Stuart Herring cmake at stuartherring.com
Sun May 20 23:06:20 EDT 2007

On 5/21/07, Eric Noulard <eric.noulard at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2007/5/20, Stuart Herring <cmake at stuartherring.com>:
> > * The NSIS generator ignores most of the variables you'd think it
> > would use, and instead appears to use the
> > CPACK_PACKAGE_INSTALL_DIRECTORY variable for everything, including the
> > name of the product. I'm sure that can't be right.
>
> We use NSIS installer without the trouble you seems to have,
> could you tell us what are "the variables you'd think it would use"?

Well, CPACK_PACKAGE_NAME primarily, although I would have expected
CPACK_PACKAGE_VENDOR and possibly CPACK_PACKAGE_DESCRIPTION_SUMMARY to
appear somewhere.
To see what I mean, set CPACK_PACKAGE_INSTALL_DIRECTORY to something
obvious like "INSTALL DIRECTORY" and look at the resultant package -
"Welcome to the INSTALL DIRECTORY Setup" and "This wizard will guide
you through the installation of INSTALL DIRECTORY" definitely don't
seem right...

> Do you
> INCLUDE(CPack)
> BEFORE or AFTER
> setting your custom CPACK_xxx variables?
Neither, as I don't include the CPack module, due to my requirement
for multiple packages.  I have a macro that uses CONFIGURE_FILE to
configure a CPack configuration file, then uses ADD_CUSTOM_TARGET to
run cpack using that file, based on the instructions for running CPack
without CMake.

Regards,
Stuart.