[CMake] CPack Questions and Issues

Stuart Herring cmake at stuartherring.com
Sun May 20 05:20:27 EDT 2007

I've been experimenting with CPack, and I've come up with the
following questions and issues -

* Is there a way of producing multiple packages (one for each
Component specified in INSTALL)  in a single project?  I ended up
having to write a custom target that ran cpack directly, and not
bother with INCLUDE(CPack) at all.
* When are the Welcome, Description and Readme files used?
* The NSIS generator ignores most of the variables you'd think it
would use, and instead appears to use the
CPACK_PACKAGE_INSTALL_DIRECTORY variable for everything, including the
name of the product. I'm sure that can't be right.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Regards,
Stuart