[CMake] What is the correct way to specify multiple OBJECT_DEPENDS for a given source file?

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Sat May 19 17:49:54 EDT 2007

On 2007-05-19 13:40-0700 Alan W. Irwin wrote:

> So what is the correct way to set up source-file dependencies on files
> in another directory?

Answering my own question this is one way (the only way?) to do it:

set(
ionize.f_INCLUDE
${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/include/aux_scale.h
${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/include/constants.h
${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/include/nuvar.h
${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/include/statistical_weights.h
)
set_source_files_properties(
ionize.f
PROPERTIES OBJECT_DEPENDS
"${ionize.f_INCLUDE}"
)

where ionize.f includes the files aux_scale.h, constants.h, nuvar.h, and
statistical_weights.h.

I have written a python script (see
http://freeeos.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/freeeos/trunk/src/include_depends.py?view=log)
to parse my fortran source files and generate the appropriate pattern
similar to above for each of them. This script is quite specific to my own
fortran coding style so it would take some work to generalize it, but it is
a start on correctly dealing with fortran include file dependencies.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).