[CMake] cmakesetup.exe

gga ggarra at advancedsl.com.ar
Fri May 18 11:40:19 EDT 2007

Bill Hoffman wrote:

> Can you send a small example that does not work with nmake?

Not too small, I'm afraid.   Is it okay to post a zip to the list?  Or
to send you one?

I think I'm running into 2 or 3 issues, from what I can tell from the
verbose logs.  Here's what I have:

Under NMake Makefiles (run from cmd.exe):

- Linking fails on executable due to not finding WinMain, on even the
simplest exe.  Unfortunately, VERBOSE=1 does not print the flags, but
just a @%TMPDIR/ns.tmp file, which gets removed at the end, so I don't
know what flags it is passing.

- Linking is using the incorrect debug dll.

- Many rules don't work, including make clean which fails with syntax
error, due to illegal character '/' in macro.  This happens only when I
have rules such as subdir/file, which work fine on unix.  So far, using
rules such as this is the only way I found cmake to create proper
out-of-source builds for nested projects.

Under Unix Makefiles (run from cygwin bash):

- If creating a Unix Makefile with CXX and LD set to cl.exe and lib.exe,
during the cmake steps, cmake complains about endianess not detected
properly.

- cl.exe obj files are incorrectly created with .o suffix.

- Many rules don't work, including "make clean", where it complains with:
	 target pattern contains no "%".  Stop.

Same thing on Linux works flawlessly, btw.

--
Gonzalo Garramuño
ggarra at advancedsl.com.ar

AMD4400 - ASUS48N-E