[CMake] cmakesetup.exe

gga ggarra at advancedsl.com.ar
Fri May 18 04:28:22 EDT 2007

Nikita V. Borodikhin wrote:
> Hello, Gonzalo!
>
> I don't think using MSVC programs in GNU Makefile is a very good idea
> because they (linker in paticular) are not GNU-compatible by flags and
> arguments.

Thanks for the help.  Still struggling, thou, due to nmake's crappy system.

Sorry, also, as  I was not clear.

I would like to run microsoft's CL.exe, LIB.exe, etc. tools, but from
within a Unix GNU Makefile.  A makefile is just a makefile, so the rules
can be anything.

Currently, if I select cmake -G "Unix Makefiles", the makefile generated
uses gcc.  While if I use -G "NMake Makefiles", I get an nmake Makefile
compatible with VisualC++.

nmake is just such a poor make system compared to the GNU tools that it
makes little sense using it.  In the project I'm porting, it just dies,
as it seems it cannot take rules such as "mydirectory/myfile" (my
project is made of several subprojects).
That's why I would rather use cygwin's make instead, but have the
makefile create rules for the visual C toolchain, not gcc.

Is there any way to make this work?  I was hoping porting a cmake
project would be trivial, but this is starting to be painful.

--
Gonzalo Garramuño
ggarra at advancedsl.com.ar

AMD4400 - ASUS48N-E