[CMake] submission: updated Modules/FindBoost.cmake

Cristian Adam cristian.adam at gmx.net
Fri May 18 04:28:12 EDT 2007

Bob Kuehne wrote:
> boost recently updated to 1.34, changing (of course) the default
> installation path. this breaks the FindBoost cmaker, so attached is an
> update that allows 1.34 as released to work.

Regarding FindBoost.cmake, I'm testing Boost 1.34.0 with MinGW gcc 3.4.2

MinGW doesn't have autolinking support, here is the CMakeLists.txt

    project(signal CXX)

    find_package(Boost)

    include_directories(${Boost_INCLUDE_DIRS})
    link_directories(${Boost_LIBRARY_DIRS})

    add_executable(signal signal.cpp)
    target_link_libraries(signal libboost_signals-mgw34-1_34.a)

I would like not to use libboost_signals_mgw34-1_34.a, but something
like ${Boost_signals_LIB},
not caring about version and such.

Are there any plans to imporove FindBoost.cmake?

Best Regards,
Cristi.