[CMake] CMake Project With just CMakeLists.txt files

Shepherd, Steven G CIV steven.g.shepherd at navy.mil
Thu May 17 13:27:39 EDT 2007

Is there anyway to create a project that contains only the
CMakeLists.txt file without any sources/headers?  We have an external
Plugins directory within our repository which we do not want to combine
with the core programs sources.

Directory Structure
Plugins_dir -> plugin 1 subdirectory      -> sources & CMakeLists.txt
                 -> plugin 2 subdirectory      -> sources &
CMakeLists.txt
	     -> plugin 3 subdirectory      -> sources & CMakeLists.txt
	     -> plugin etc. subdirectory  -> sources & CMakeLists.txt
	     -> CMakeLists.txt

The CMakeLists.txt within the plugin directory has the following
structure:
	SUBDIRS(Plugin 1)
	SUBDIRS(Plugin 2)
	SUBDIRS(Plugin 3)
	SUBDIRS(Plugin etc.)

We would like to include the CMakeLists.txt from the Plugins_dir in a
blank project called "Plugins."  This is so we can add new project
plugins without leaving Visual Studio.