[CMake] CPack and 7-Zip?

Peter Visser pervulgo at gmail.com
Mon May 14 12:53:20 EDT 2007

Hello,

I have been using CPack (2.4.6) successfully with WinZip (and NSIS) as
generators. I just got a new system with a fresh install and decided to use
7-Zip instead of WinZip. CPack does not find 7-Zip as a 'sutable' (little
typo in the message) ZIP program.

--> CPack Verbose: Specified generator: ZIP
--> CPack Error: Cannot find a sutable ZIP program
--> CPack Error: Cannot initialize the generator

Is it possible to use 7-Zip and do I need to set some environment variable
or some additional command to CPack to get it running?
I looked in <modules>/CPack.cmake and <modules>/FindSelfPackers.cmake, but
could not find a solution for this.

Regards,

Peter Visser.