[CMake] CMake error: PkgConfig

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Mon May 14 05:35:26 EDT 2007

Hi Tim,

  Since the beginning of wxVTK finding of GTK has always been biting me...
  In the past I solved this issue by providing CMake replacement find
modules, you should be able to reactivate them in simply inversing the
comments.

$ vi wxVTK/CMakeLists.txt
FIND_PACKAGE(GTK REQUIRED)
INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(${GTK_INCLUDE_DIR} )
# CMake 2.4.6:
#FIND_PACKAGE(PkgConfig REQUIRED)
#pkg_check_modules (GTK2 gtk+-2.0)

  If it does not work, you'll have to find whoever wrote PkgConfig
cmake module. Anyway wxVTK project is simple enough that you can
simply copy the main files into your own project.

HTH
-Mathieu

On 5/12/07, Tim Hutton <tim.hutton at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm getting this error when I try to run CMake on wxVTK:
>
> CMake Error: PkgConfig_DIR is set to "/usr/local/bin", which is not a
> directory containing PkgConfigConfig.cmake
> -- Configuring done
>
> (I've sent this to the wxVTK list but thought it might be more of a
> CMake issue - apologies if you get this twice)
>
> The file mentioned doesn't exist on my system. pk-config 0.20 seems to
> be installed.
>
> I'm using:
>
> cmake 2.4.6
> pclinuxos