[CMake] Eclipse CDT and CMake

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Sat May 12 14:08:19 EDT 2007

For me it wasn't much of a PITA as more of a trial an error until I
got a system that works for my particular workflow. The biggest thing
to realize about combining the two was that a true "out of source"
was not letting eclipse work to its full potential. Creating the
"Build" directory within the project directory was one of the major
"Ah HAH!" moments for me.

I posted a pretty terse tutorial about getting Eclipse and Cmake
working together. Not quite "in harmony" but pretty darn close. It
really needs to be cleaned up, pictures added and edited some more
but the basics are there.

http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_Editors_Support

If you need help trying it out, then let me know. I'll try my best to
answer as much as I can. Sometimes there are caveats about the two
that I have just gotten used to doing and forget to mention them.

Cheers.
Thanks for the encouragement.
--
Mike Jackson   Senior Research Engineer