[CMake] configuration input to cmake

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Sat May 12 04:09:15 EDT 2007

2007/5/12, Jun Sun <jsun at junsun.net>:
> On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 01:38:26PM -0400, Bill Hoffman wrote:
> > Guilherme Balena Versiani wrote:

> > You may also want to look at the configure_file command.
> >

> Interesting -
>
> So I could just define the all config variables in cmakefile.inc

You may eventually get rid of your cmakefile.inc
if you use OPTION command in your root CMakeLists.txt.
Or if you have "typical" config conf1/conf2/conf3 you may
create

conf1.cmake
conf2.cmake
conf3.cmake

and optionnally include either file depending on a CMake variable value
passed on the command line/ccmake:

cmake -DOPTCONF:STRING="conf1"

or triggered by a Cmake OPTION command:

In your CMakeLists.txt:
----
OPTION(BUILD_CONF1 "Build with CONF1 profile" OFF)
IF (BUILD_CONF1)
    INCLUDE(conf1.cmake)
ENDIF(BUILD_CONF1)
----

then on the command line:

cmake -DBUILD_CONF1=ON

> and then use cmake to generate the config.h file, looks like.

Yes, as noted by Bill,
 CONFIGURE_FILE is able to generate such file.

you may have a look at this Wiki item too:
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_HowToDoPlatformChecks

--
Erk