[CMake] RE: CMake 2.4.1/VC71 Why the wierd <project>.dir subdirs?

Trevor Kellaway tkellaway at asl-electronics.co.uk
Thu May 10 14:50:49 EDT 2007

Bill,

> >> I'd personally like is some standard ways to get at *.obj locations
> >
> get_target_properties(foo PROPERTIES OBJECT_FILES objs)
>
> I did make an attempt at this, and it worked well for
> makefiles, but I had trouble with Xcode and visual studio I think...

Does that mean this is supported in the dev tree?

I tried this with "cmake version 2.5-20070505" but it didn't work, I
also tried

	GET_TARGET_PROPERTY (myobj myfile.c OBJECT_FILES)

What I really want to do is determine the object file for a specific
source file, mainly so I can create a target that depends on the object
file as this will already have all the C and H dependencies.

The alternative is to try and dump the dependency information for a
source file (recommendations on how appreciated) and then use this to
set dependency.

 - TrevK