[CMake] Output other then to Makefile

Mielcarek, Donn Donn.Mielcarek at wylelabs.com
Wed May 9 11:27:11 EDT 2007

I thought of that, but seems to be more pain
then it's worth (also, other people here
didn't like the idea).

Now I'm thinking of modifying the cmake source
to make it do what I want.

I believe I would have to modify 3 things:

1) the name of the Makefile, e.g. Makefile.FC4
2) the install script, cmake_install.cmake
3) the CMakeFiles directory (to CMakefiles.FC4)

I think that's all.

On Wednesday 09 May 2007 09:18, Mielcarek, Donn wrote:
> Is there a way to make cmake output to other then
> "Makefile" on Linux? e.g. output to something
> like Makefile.cmake?

No. Does it help if you build out-of-source, this way eventually existing
makefiles in the source tree will not be overwritten.

Bye
Alex