[CMake] LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH, EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH broken if CMake variables used.

Rob Mathews Rob.Mathews at varolii.com
Wed May 9 10:39:52 EDT 2007

Thanks.

As far as $(OutDir), I'm staring at a makefile that reads:

INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES("$(OutDir)" )		## Release or Debug
ADD_DEFINITIONS(${STANDARD_DEFINES} )
LINK_LIBRARIES( ${DEPENDS_DB} PerfLib opends60.lib xp_base)
SET(LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH ${EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH} )	##  DLLs need to
go in the BIN directory.

ADD_DEFINITIONS(${STANDARD_DEFINES} )
ADD_LIBRARY(xp_MBDeleteFile SHARED ${SRC})

I presume that if I remove that INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES tag, then it won't
build for some reason (else, why would someone have put that there -
it's not standard practice in the rest of the system... ) but I'm not
really sure why .. perhaps some earlier step generates a .h file that
this project needs????

So, yeah, there probably is some other way to do this.