[CMake] Xcode application bundle major issues

Joshua Jensen jjensen at workspacewhiz.com
Wed May 9 02:26:45 EDT 2007

Upon using CMake with Xcode and instructing CMake to generate
application bundles, I've run into the following issues:

* When I make a change to a static library, the executable doesn't
relink.  I have to rm it from the application bundle myself.  Upon
digging through the (very verbose) build logs, I came across this little
snippet during the XCODE_DEPEND_HELPER phase:

/bin/rm -f /Users/joshua/MiniApp/build/image/Debug/MiniApp

This is wrong.  It should be:

/bin/rm -f
/Users/joshua/MiniApp/build/image/Debug/MiniApp.app/Contents/MacOS/MiniApp

I'm not immediately sure how to fix this, but it is a critical
nuisance.  Code changes to libraries do not make it into the executable.

* The second issue has to do with running a Clean (an attempt to figure
out what was going on).  Cleaning an application bundle project whacks
the entire MiniApp.app/ folder structure.  Ack!  Any resources I had
manually copied in there are destroyed.  CMake should not kill anything
it does not write into that folder structure.

Anyway, I'd love solutions to both of these, but the executable not
relinking is a huge deal.  I'll look into a solution in the meantime.
If anyone knows how to fix this, please let me know.

Thanks.

Joshua Jensen