[CMake] Help getting -l and -L arguments from apr-config

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed May 2 18:49:36 EDT 2007

I am trying to fix kdesdk's broken attempt to link to subversion (it
croaks when apr is not in a standard include path). I *do* have
apr-config accessible so I can use that to get the right paths, but I'm
having some trouble parsing --link-ld. Specifically, I am trying to
iterate over each option and set LIBRARIES or LIB_PATHS as appropriate.
Unfortunately this means I have to do something to split the single
string into arguments, and I would /prefer/ for it to do proper shell
splitting just in case an arg has a space in it.

Is there a "right" way to do this? Or is there a better way to get
LIBRARIES and LIB_PATHS from apr-config? (Note: while apr-config is
found, pkg-config apr is not, so I can't use pkg-config :-(.)

--
Matthew
"Doggy!" -- Robots from Freefall (http://freefall.purrsia.com)