[CMake] creating static library with references to other .lib files

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 10:55:54 EDT 2007

On 6/12/07, Jesper Eskilson <jesper at eskilson.se> wrote:

> 2007/6/7, Jesper Eskilson <jesper at eskilson.se>:

> I'm still interested in a solution to my original problem, though.

On some platforms, I bet the underlying linker AR can't even do it.  I know
it can't put static libraries inside of static libraries, thats' why
everyone wants "convenience libraries" and I had to work on all that object
file fakery.  Possibly it can't take a DLL stub .lib either.  So, if there
is a solution for some platforms, it's not likely to be portable.

I don't know what the MSVC linker can accomplish.  Would suggest reading the
MSVC docs to make sure it can be done.

What you're asking for seems kinda weird.  What's the motive?

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every