[CMake] /MACHINE:x64

George Neill georgen at neillnet.com
Fri Dec 28 22:22:31 EST 2007

Hi Bill,

Thanks for responding.

> What version of the compiler do you have?
> With vs 2005, which was the first one we supported 64 bit builds, I get
> this:

Windows Server 2003 SP1 Platform SDK and the Visual C++ toolkit 2003.

The following link appears to be similar to issue(s) I am having ...

http://www.planetamd64.com/lofiversion/index.php?t5878.html

> $ link /?
> Microsoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 8.00.50727.762
> Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
>

>    /MACHINE:{ARM|EBC|IA64|MIPS|MIPS16|MIPSFPU|MIPSFPU16|
>                  SH4|THUMB|X64|X86}
>
> Exactly what steps are you taking for running cmake, and installing the
> compiler?

cd out_of_source_build_dir
cmake -G"NMake Makefiles" -D"CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release" ..\src

I will have to get back to you on the steps to install the compiler
(because I didn't install it).  But I can tell you a simple "hello
world!" c program compiles and runs just fine when compiled by hand.

I was able to get past the /machine:x64 issue, by changing
Windows-cl.cmake.  But now I am running in to RTC error "unresolved
external symbol _RTC_Shutdown" when running cmake which I think is
caused by (a previous post of mine)
http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2007-December/018866.html.

TIA,
George.