[CMake] Re: cmake 2.4.8 RC 4

Rodolfo Schulz de Lima rodolfo at rodsoft.org
Fri Dec 21 16:47:21 EST 2007

>  In my NOT so humble opinion, this is a REALLY bad idea and here is  why.

I second this. In linux who deals with /usr is the package manager (apt,
portage etc). If I deliberately install something there, the package manager
won't know about it and maybe something might be overwriten in the future.
/usr/local exists for a reason, and in a well configured system,
/usr/local/bin comes BEFORE /usr/bin in PATH, I think it's not cmake's fault
when something gets installed and cannot be run, it's users.

Abraços,
rod