[CMake] Re: Re: Re: Target flags depending on compilation ofanothertarget

Rodolfo Schulz de Lima rodolfo at rodsoft.org
Fri Dec 21 16:23:46 EST 2007

> You are right. I was confusing cmake time with build time.  However, what
> is
> to stop you building your own version of wxwidgets as an external project?
> Then cmake; make, etc., would have to be run once to build wxwidgets and
> once for your project.  If that turned out to be too complicated for your
> users, you could put those commands in one overall script to simplify
> their
> builds.

Yes, I could do it, but I'm striving to make it simpler. Once my developer
gets in his machine, he would:
1) pull out sources from subversion, this would also download all external
dependencies (through property svn:externals, for the svn-inclined)
2) do cmake .
3) make -j2
4) ...
5) be rich and score some chicks

I'm dealing with a lot of external libraries... boost, wxWidgets, freetype,
ftgl, openAL, lib3ds, libjpeg, glew, lua and luabind. Building those by hand
is a pain, and didn't I mention that it should work with Visual Studio,
mingw32 on Windows, mingw32 on Linux and good old gcc?

Thanks to cmake my recipe is the same no matter the environment my
developers decides to use. So that's why I'm trying to do this way. With a
script I'd have to have at least 2, one for linux (bash, etc...) and for
windows (braindead batch processing).

Thanks anyways...
Rodolfo Lima.