[CMake] external library dependencies

James Bigler bigler at cs.utah.edu
Thu Dec 20 15:41:34 EST 2007

I have one project built by cmake where I write out the library
configuration with EXPORT_LIBRARY_DEPENDENCIES.

I have another project where I include that file.  This works great
for static building, because it handles all the transitive link
properties.

One thing I noticed, however, is that if I change a library from the
first project, running make in the second project doesn't produce a
relink of dependent libraries.

Is there a mechanism to get CMake to recognize that the libraries
have changed and to do dependency scanning?

I'm using cmake 2.4.7 on mac.

Thanks,
James