[CMake] CMAKE_CONFIG_POSTFIX vs GET_TARGET_PROPERTY(FILE foo LOCATION)

Josef Karthauser joe.karthauser at geomerics.com
Thu Dec 20 12:11:12 EST 2007

Am I going mad? (could be, it was the office party last night).

I want to add a '_d' to the end of debug libraries, which it appears
that I can do using something like:

SET(CMAKE_DEBUG_WIN32_POSTFIX "_d" CACHE INTERNAL "Postfix for debug
library names" FORCE)

Later deep in some macros the code wants to find the filename associated
with a given library:

     GET_TARGET_PROPERTY(FILE ${LIBNAME} LOCATION)

Strangely, although the build makes a 'LIBNAME_d.lib' library, the get
target property appears to return the name of the library without the
_d.

Am I hallucinating?

Joe

p.s. this is with 2.4.7.