[CMake] Re: Parsing cmake command line parameters

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 11:09:56 EST 2007

On Dec 19, 2007 9:09 AM, Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com> wrote:
> However, this has been discussed many times
> over the years, and I still don't think a good solution has been found.

Worse Is Better.  From a marketing standpoint, this issue could have
been solved a long time ago.  You want people coming from the Autoconf
world to get enough of a warm squishy feeling that they stick with
CMake.  Over time they learn how to use CMake properly, using
CMakeSetup / CCMake, and forget their command line ways.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every