[CMake] Re: Bug with cmake's `--debug-trycompile' option?

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Tue Dec 18 23:35:02 EST 2007

Clark J. Wang wrote:
> Anybody has any idea?
>
> On Dec 11, 2007 5:07 PM, Clark J. Wang <dearvoid at gmail.com
> <mailto:dearvoid at gmail.com>> wrote:

>     This is fine for `sys/event.h' is not available on my system. But
>     when I run `cmake --debug-trycompile .' it outputed like this:
>

>     This time it said that `sys/event.h' was found! Anything wrong?

I am not surprised.  The debug-try compile option does not clean out the
  build tree.  It is meant as a debugging tool only.  It should not be
expected to work.  Usually, if there is trouble with the result of a try
compile, you set it up so that only that one try compile will happen and
run with debug-trycompile.  Then cmake will leave the build/source files
in the temp directory, so you can try it by hand, and examine the results.

-Bill